Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 12

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday was my first day at Epcot, in my costume:) No, I didn't think to get a pic of it but no worries, I'm sure you'll see it soon enough:) And then you can all laugh at my ridiculousness haha! And if anyone can tell me what cullottes are without looking it up 5000 points for you! haha I get to wear them and they are something else! Honestly they are the most difficult part for me thus far but it's all good because I'M STILL HERE!!! awesome!!!!! Ok so Kyra and I brought our boots in the morning and met our trainer, Andrew. He is from ON, much like most of the Canadians here right now:) (I think there might be one more Albertan, from Calgary, and there are a few from BC, one maybe two from Winnipeg, a couple from Quebec, and like 5 or so from the Maritimes but most are from ON.) The first thing we did was go get our costumes. As it happens pretty much everybody hates their costumes but they all look good to everybody else so I'm not worried or feeling left out:) haha I just figure it's all about the show and that's what the costume is for and that's what I'm here for so BOOYA!! Anyways, we spent the day with Andrew, he showed us around the Canadian Pavillion, we saw the store, we watched the 360 movie, and he took us backstage for the first time. It is also something else. Not gonna lie, a little part of me dies every time I go backstage because it's "REAL". Even in Epcot, going from the park to backstage is like leaving a storybook and getting a reality check:( Oh well, like I say, it's all about the show! And being here as an employee rather than a guest I realize that more and more and I want to keep it magical for the guests so that's really good:) We spent time doing modules on the computers like you do in pretty much any job but we also got to meet managers and other cast members and also we got to interact with the guests! Honestly it was SO amazing! People just come into the store and see you have Disney pins on your lanyard (every cast member is given a lanyard with 12 pins to trade with the guests, and it's like the biggest thing down here!) and immediately come ask to trade with you. I guess there are quite a few pins that you can ONLY get from a cast member so that's cool. Anyways, I had little girls coming up to me to trade pins and one girls mom took a pic of her daughter with me! Serious!! I got to be a part of their magical Disney vacation! CRAZY!! It makes me cry to think about:) All the pics you get with random people or things on vacation, and now I AM ONE!! But ya, definitely guest interaction is the best part of being here:) I thought it would be experiencing the magic but I didn't realize how amazing it would be to create it for someone else! It's so incredible! Anyways, safe to say I'm loving it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carrie, I just spent the last hour reading your blog. Amazing! I am so pleased for you and the experiences you are having.. I am going to make a point of reading your blog every day. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete