Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 7

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

THE BIG MOVING DAY!!! I was excited, nervous, and also sad to leave Stephen & Jenna & Colby, but that's what I came for right? I woke up in the morning and made sure 2 or 3 times that I had packed everything, then we packed up the car and headed to Orlando. On the way we stopped at a mall in Gainesville so Steve could get a new Florida Gators hat. We did a bit more shopping there (I window-shopped, although I did buy myself a yogurt at Red Mango which I had missed so much!!! ---it's similar to Yogen Fruz but better, you can get flavored yogurt and all the fruit is fresh--SO GOOD!!) then got on the road again. We got to Orlando and went straight to the temple so Jenna & I could make the 3pm session. It was so wonderful!!! She and I were literally the only two people in the session but it was still awesome:) And it was a new experience for both of us haha:) Up til now my fav temple has been Provo UT, but Orlando topped it:) It was so so gorgeous I just cried! And besides, this one has palm trees!! haha Afterwards we got some pics outside by the fountains and palm trees and then went to Downtown Disney! We parked by Planet Hollywood and walked through the crowds of people to the other end to make a reservation at The Rainforest Cafe. There is always SO MUCH to see at Downtown Disney, so we took a few pics and did a lot of window-shopping and actual shopping, and Colby even got to ride a little train roller-coaster ride:) He wasn't quite sure what to think of it but it was cute:) We took pics beside the huge lego figures that are located just outside the LEGO store there, and they are ALWAYS amazing!! I've included a couple pics of them, the Sleeping Beauty one is my fav! It's hard to believe that its ALL made of lego!! Ya, so sweet! I don't know how often they change it but I guess I'll find out; it's probably really frequent. Anyways, So when it was time to eat we went back to the Rainforest Cafe. If you've never been there it's FANTASTIC! The food is really good but its mostly about the restaurant itself because the entire inside of it is designed like an actual rainforest, right down to the RAINSTORMS! Yes, it actually rains INSIDE the restaurant (not on the people obviously, but still its so cool). The walls and ceiling are all covered with vines and leaves and lizards and monkeys and butterflies and trees, and there are even animatronic elephants!! Yes, they move and blink and make noises at you while you eat haha it's incredible! And the middle of the ceiling looks like an african sky, with blinking stars and changing lights. And like I said, every few minutes all the lights flash and you hear thunder and it actually starts raining! SO COOL! And the bar stools have animal legs and tails and when you first walk in you go underneath a MASSIVE fish tank! SO crazy cool!!  When we finished eating we made our way back over to Planet Hollywood and went inside to look around at all the movie props and costumes and memorobilia. All the different Planet Hollywood locations have different things from different movies but this one is the biggest one. It's shaped like a huge PLANET! I know, seems obvious but how many buildings are shaped that way? Anyways, they've got 3 floors you can eat on and there's even stuff hanging from the ceiling!! like Herbie the punch-bug! yup, hanging from the ceiling:) CRAZY!! So cool! So after we had looked around there they drove me to Vista Way (one of the 4 Disney program complexes) where I was welcomed by some awesome people. I said goodbye to Steve & Jenna so they could get home, then I was driven to my complex, which is called The Commons. Most of the people in the International program live here, so that's nice. My roommate's name is Mai (rhymes with "eye") and she is from Japan. She works in the Japanese pavillion, and she's been here for 9 months. She is SUCH a sweetheart!! I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful roommate:) The other girl that lives in our 2-bedroom appartment is from Italy and she's almost finished her program here. I guess they have arrivals and departures every week here so it should be interesting and easy to meet new people all the time:) I'm super loving it here so far!!



 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Carrie! SO awesome to read about your arrival and new adventures! I can't believe that is made of LEGO!! SO incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, I post as "Aunt Heidi" with my Google account because that's my name on my sister's blog. So it's the same if I post here too. (Just so you're not confused, like, "Who's Aunt Heidi??" Ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete