Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

DISCOVERY DAY!! We all went back to Epcot but not in costume this time and our trainers were Joshua and Frank. Joshua is so funny! He's tall and lanky and you'd think he'd be awkward but he isn't at all! He makes everything funny:) In fact he kinda reminds me of John Bytheway haha! But anyways they were training us about Epcot and Walt's dream for it and we got to see drawings of the original ideas he had. So cool! He wanted it to be the city of the future. Not just a theme park, but a for real city! Crazy but awesome! In fact hearing about it I wish they could have done it how Walt wanted it! Maybe someday. Anyways, we also got to tour around this park, and the first thing we did was ride "Spaceship Earth", which is the ride inside the "huge ball". (The Epcot ball, it's actually called the geodextrous sphere but whatevs:) It was super cool! It basically takes you on a narrated tour through time and advancement, starting with neandrathals and mammoths, ending with present day and then at the top its all stars everywhere and the narrator tells you now its your turn to decide where we go next. And then a screen pops up on your car and you get to "build your own future". It's pretty cool. I got a couple pics of the future that Mariana and I created haha. It's awesome because at the beginning of the ride they take your pic and then they put your face on the characters in the future you've built at the end haha:) pretty cool! So then Joshua took us around through the Innoventions building, showing us the cool activities that you can do there that are all about discovery and the future. Then he wanted to show us all the countries in the "World Showcase" (where we're all working), but instead of us all walking from pavillion to pavillion we got to take the ferry around the lagoon while he and Frank described each country to us. You know, it makes sense, but I didn't realize that the opening to each pavillion is the same size (to represent equality) but they extend back farther or not depending on how much money the actual country was willing to put into its own pavillion. Canada's is decent:) haha The other thing I thought was super cool is the fountain in the middle of Epcot, called the World Fountain. Yes, it's super cool because the water dances periodically throughout the day, but when Epcot first opened each country represented in the World Showcase brought some of their own water to dump into the fountain. Cool hey? And they repeated it again for Epcot's 25th anniversary:) Ya, super awesome. Anyways, we had a great time, and I was even able to talk to Joshua afterwards about who to talk to about becoming a performer (his reg position in the company is working with the characters and being in the parades)!! SO awesome!! Obviously because of my position and my visa I probably can't end up there this time but it's all about getting the contacts and the info and leaving my mark! BOOYA!!
It only went til noon then we had the rest of the day off so me, Kyra, Alex, Mariana, Arin, and Javier went to lunch at the Wave restaurant in the Contemporary resort:) It was really awesome and we got an awesome discount for being cast members too! oh ya! After lunch Arin, Mariana and I went to the Magic Kingdom:) Arin has only been here once before and she was nine only went on a few rides so I'm loving experiencing her first times haha! Mariana used to come here 2 or 3 times a year all growing up (she's from Mexico, slightly closer than we are) so she's like a veteran! haha but she's just as crazy about Disney as Arin and myself so that's awesome and she's funny too:) The first ride we went on was It's A Small World. Yep, laugh it up. I finally went on it, and willingly:) haha it was ok but I see no need to EVER ride it again haha! And hilariously it wasn't even the song that turned me off but the puppets, though oddly cute, are all really creepy, like something out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and/or the Simpsons (the episode when the smokey aunts take Bart and Lisa to the amusement park... *shudder*). Ya, just a tad too creepy for me to endure again, but def interesting and I'm glad I finally experienced it first hand haha. We also went on the Carousel (which is Prince Charming's carousel here), Snow White's Scary Adventures (which was super cool but actually a bit scary), and we watched Mickey's Philharmagic. So awesome! Oh and PS: while we were walking around Peter Pan himself ran past me!! I was so in shock I didn't even think to get a pic I'm sorry Kayla and Kyle and Darren haha. I'll get one while I'm here I promise:) I also saw Rapunzel and Flynn Rider getting pics with little kids, it was so cute! They have their own spot right outside the castle:) After that we went on Big Thunder Mountain Railway, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and the Haunted Mansion, all of which were super awesome:) You know, they're all slightly different than the same rides at Disneyland in California, which I expected but I really think the lines here are much more efficient. I don't know for sure but I figure as much since it was built after Disneyland was so they prob wanted to work out as many bugs as possible. And trust me, here they're ALL about efficiency! And why not? In fact, quite a few of the rides actually have a couple of different lines and more than one track (like on California Screamin' in Disneyland) so you're not in line nearly as long. It's pretty awesome. At the end of the night we watched the Main Street Electrical Parade which was sweet! I so want to be in a parade!!! anyways, it was super awesome because I saw characters and floats that I haven't seen in forever, like Pete and his dragon! SO cool!! Disney never ceases to amaze even me! love it!!!



 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment