Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Days 9, 10, & 11

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday all of us "new arrivals" spent most of the morning in another meeting, this time going over the legal side of living here for a year. We signed a bunch of things and then were given the rest of the day off so that was nice:) A few of us realized we had not gotten everything we needed from Publix the day before, but we figured Wal-Mart was too far away so we decided to walk to Walgreens, not wanting to wait for the bus. It was a nice walk, we learned a lot about our location and each other and then finally got there. haha it's located RIGHT beside Publix!! haha it was fun:) We picked up a few things and then walked back to The Commons (which is the name of our apartments). After a quiet afternoon nap we all met up again and spent some time at the pool. It was nice and warm of course! haha and I LOVE that when you get wet here you don't get cold! (at least outside you don't~inside the AC makes it feel more like home, so that's one good thing about the freezing I guess haha) So after the pool and visiting we went to a steakhouse called Santa Fe, which is apparently where all the Canadians in our program hang out on Thursday nights. Not gonna lie, I think Arin and I were the only 2 people there (out of about 60) who weren't drinking but we had an awesome time! I think it was because this time the attention was NOT all on us, so we got to casually mingle with everyone, and they all found out why I don't need to drink! haha I was so crazy hyper it was awesome:)

Friday, June 24, 2011

We got Friday completely off! And I had not been to Wal-Mart yet so I still did not have a pillow so that was the number one thing on our agenda for the day:) Me, Arin, and Kyra headed out on this rainy day. It was actually beautiful when we got there, and even after our shopping but then we had to wait for the bus which took about an hour to come! bah! oh well. the funniest thing was that Kyra had to go to a store across the parking lot from Wal-Mart so we all headed over there, not realizing that the cart would "lock" when it got to the edge of the parking lot... ya we got there and all of a sudden it wouldn't move! haha that was an experience! so Kyra went into the store while Arin and I stood beside a tree at the far edge of the Wal-Mart parking lot with our "stuck" cart of groceries and whatnot. And then it started raining! haha boy I tell ya, when it rains here it POURS!! Like I say at least it's warm, but still. Arin and I ended up using my 2 pillows for slight coverage!! oh it was awesome! And then as soon as the rain stopped Kyra came back outside:) She felt bad so we made her push the cart back but then she couldn't do it alone so we all helped and then waited at Wal-Mart for another LONG time for the bus to come, meanwhile the rain came back again so that was quite an adventure:) we had a great time!!


Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday we had our first paid training day, called TRADITIONS, and we got to go to the Disney University for it! If you've never heard of it its because it is considered "backstage Disney", so "not-available-to-the-public", and as our trainer Rob says "It doesn't exist in the real world", so even if you search for it on a GPS or google you won't find it! Cool hey? But I am now officially a DISNEY CAST MEMBER so I'm now privileged enough to be in the know:) haha The training was so much fun! It was almost our entire arrival group except those working in the couple of pavillions at WDW that arent' actually run by Disney (like Mexico for example), called "Operating Participants". So unfortunately our friends Javier and Marianna weren't there but Kyra, Arin, Alex, Gabby, Colin, Gabrielle, myself, and a bunch of our other friends were and we had a blast! Our two trainers were FLOR and ROB and they were awesome! We spent most of the day in a classroom at the University, watching videos on the history of the Disney parks, learning Disney trivia, and doing group activities. Now at 'Disney-style' interviews and meetings such as this one, the trainers love participation so to encourage us to answer questions they reward each answer with Disney knick-knacks. This time there were 5 little Disney figurines and I don't want to brag but I got 4 out of 5:) haha It's probably not surprising, me speaking up! haha So when it came time for each table to pick a "Team Leader" I turned my chair to face my table and every finger was pointing at me! haha So I got to be the TEAM LEADER the whole day! I led my team to victory during the Disney trivia game, and I got to make sure none of my team got lost on our field trip TO THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!! ya that's right! We went on a tour backstage and also onstage in the Magic Kingdom! (sorry I was not allowed to take any pics of that part but it was amazing) And it was during one of the parades so of course I was dancing along! IT TOTALLY ROCKED!! No biggie, haha how many places take you to a Disney park to train you? BOOYA!! It was awesome:) Oh ya, and prob my fav part was that we got to eat in one of the Disney Cast Member cafeterias, called the Mouseketeeria (haha) and I TOTALLY SAW RAPUNZEL AND FLYNN RIDER AND PETER PAN and others eating lunch!!! I was SO SO excited!!! I texted Kyle:) haha It was the best! So then after our field trip we returned to the Disney University for the rest of our training day. But about an hour or so after we got back GUESS WHAT HAPPENED!!! MICKEY MOUSE HIMSELF CAME TO OUR TRAINING!!!!! It was so amazing!!! I definitely started tearing up when he came in!! SUCH THE BEST DAY!!! Oh man it was so awesome!
So when that exciting day was over we got our schedules for the next couple days AND OUR OFFICIAL DISNEY NAMETAGS!!! Not gonna lie, I almost cry everytime I look at mine and see "Raymond, Alberta" on it! I love my town!! haha We also got our schedules for the next couple days and Kyra and I realized we were expected the next morning with hiking boots so we ran out to the Outlet mall near our complex right after we got back. We found some boots and then ended up only paying half price for them because they were on sale and we're Cast Members!! SO AWESOME!! After we got back from getting our boots Kyra, Arin, Alex, and I all headed to Epcot to watch the fireworks show, "Illuminations". It was wonderful:) Disney always does amazingly cool stuff during their shows and this one has a spinning globe on top of the water, and all the continents on it are lit up with projections of animals and peoples from all over the world. It's pretty cool:) After that Arin and I wandered around Epcot, checking out the pavillions as best as we could (everything was closed). But we had a really great time:) What an amazing day!!

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment