Monday, June 20, 2011

Days 5 & 6

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday morning we had 9am church and I actually woke up and was out of bed by 8:15!! weird I know, and I didn't even remember to set my alarm so thank Heaven!! I can't deny, God's definitely been watching out for me:) clearly I'm where I'm supposed to be:) anyways we went to church about 10 min away, it was beautifully hot of course, and there's always air conditioning inside so often you don't even remember how warm it is outside. It was Father's Day so all the talks were about fathers and Steve's sister-in-law gave a really nice one:) After Sacrament meeting they had everybody stay seated for a moment while the Young Women awarded "Father Awards". It was really neat, actually, and worked out well because the ward is pretty small. There were awards for "father with the most kids here today", and "father with the least hair" haha, "oldest father here", and others. Steve got the award for "youngest father in the ward" and his older brother Jimmy got the one for "father with the youngest child". It was really fun, and they all got "awarded" chocolate:) During the meetings I sat beside a girl named Jackie Hand; she and her husband just got married on Thurs and this was their first Sunday in the ward. Super super cute girl, super friendly, and I took advantage of the fact that neither of us had real close friends there to sit with (Jenna was teaching Primary and Steve went to Priesthood with the men) and we were 2 out of about 5 20-something-year-olds there:) haha we had a great time, I'm SO glad I got to meet her:) After church I fell asleep (no doubt because I woke up SO early haha) for a few hours and then my dad called me!! BTW I got my US phone working down here so if anyone wants to pay the LD to call me feel free to text me on my AB cell and I'll give you the number:) I had a great chat with my dad and wished him Happy Fathers Day of course before getting on the phone with mom. It was our first time speaking since I left and she only started crying a couple times! I'm so proud of her, I know its really hard. love you mom! love and miss you all!

Monday, June 20, 2011




Today I was determined to get up early and stay up so I set my mp3 alarm for 9am and woke up to Chicago's "25 or 6 to 4". OH YA, that got me pumped for the day!! haha love it thanks dad! Later on in the morning Jenna, Colby, and I went back up to Ichetucknee Springs State Park, although this time we floated down the river rather than swimming in a pool. It was about the same temperature, pretty cool but boy did it feel good!! We headed up there around 1:00 so the sun was at its hottest and that river was SO welcoming:) I had an awesome yellow tube and Jenna & Colby floated in a medium-sized dinghy. (TOTALLY reminded me of Darren's dinghy and the sleep-over we had in it on the lake in Riverstone haha -- ask me about that one sometime) Jenna and I enjoyed a beatiful, peaceful float and Colby fell asleep in the raft so I guess he did too:) Ya, it was like floating down rivers in AB except that trees lined both sides the entire way, and they were really tall and leaned over the water and almost all of them were draped with Spanish moss, just like --duh duh duh-- in a movie (The Princess and the Frog kept coming to mind)! The water is spring water and the park people are really picky about keeping it clean so we could see down into it the whole way, and it didn't have sand or anything, just a LOT of river grass (which looks astoundingly like quackgrass but underwater). ...so I guess its really not at all like floating down a river in AB haha... I MOSTLY didn't let the river grass gross me out, but sometimes I forgot and sometimes it was really thick went for a long time... But it was still just grass so nothing to worry about:) And I only saw one snake and it wasn't in the water so that was really nice too:) haha mom don't freak out but yes a snake:) It was really cool to see actually. And we saw a REALLY big turtle too! that was cool! He was black and just hanging out on a log:) Ya, we definitely had a blast! What a great time! Unfortunately I didn't get any pics because I didn't want to risk getting my camera wet but I want you to catch a glimpse of the amazingness I experienced so I'm including good pics from the internet:)

No comments:

Post a Comment